25 Fun Date Ideas for Under $50By Amy Lau - 3 min read
There is no worst feeling than going out together and then realizing that you have spent more money during those...
There is no worst feeling than going out together and then realizing that you have spent more money during those few hours than you spend an entire week. How about meeting up for a second date and then realizing that the person from the first date, the one whom you have spent a day’s worth of income on, is not who you actually think he or she is? Regardless whether you like the person or not anymore, going out with your date does not always have to be expensive. Here are 25 ideas that will not break the bank:
- Visit local museums – Many local museums have a day of the week or a certain time of the day in which admittance is free.
- Go on a picnic – Bonus points if you spend time together before making the food.
- Cook a meal together – Go shopping for ingredients to recreate a recipe you found for each other online or make your favorite dishes.
- Walk your pets together – If you have pets, take a stroll around your neighborhood and have a puppy playdate.
- Check out your local zoo/aquarium
- Go mini-golfing – Bring out some friendly competition.
- Bake cookies or cupcakes and decorate them – The fun part of this is giving the cupcake a theme or challenging each other to decorate the cupcake a special way.
- Take a class together – Whether you guys have always wanted to learn how to salsa or just wanted to relax and do yoga, many places offer cheap classes for first time attendants.
- Go on a food crawl – Bonus points if you can eat enough to skip lunch and dinner.
- Stargaze – Drive to the highest point in your city or a more remote location. What’s more romantic than spending a night under the stars?
- Go fruit-picking – Whether its apple-picking in the fall or cherry-picking in the summer, this is a fun idea that is bound to bring you both back to your childhoods.
- Sing karaoke – You can go to a karaoke bar or stay at home and go wild.
- Go bowling and to the movies – Sure, this may seem like something you did back in 8th grade with your crush, but it is timeless and certainly entertaining.
- Watch a stand-up comedy show – Depending on the show and the cover charge for drinks, this can get pricey, so make sure you call ahead of time to check out the price before RSVP-ing!
- Go camping – Depending on whether you have the equipment already or not, this can stay under $50.
- Go to a local college sports game – Most local college sports games are free. If they are not, the tickets are extremely cheap.
- Visit a planetarium or botanic garden – I suggest the planetarium in the winter and the gardens in the spring, though there are some interesting winter plants!
- Have a movie marathon, spa night together – Whether you want to watch 4 seasons of the Office at once or all the Julia Roberts movies, you can stay in the comfort of your own home and pamper yourselves.
- Have a beach day – Bring some snacks, a speaker, plenty or water and a towel and relax all afternoon.
- Play board games/do puzzles – Break out the wine glasses and see how well you guys play while tipsy. You can even invite some friends over.
- Rent a tandem bike and explore your city – Not only do you get some exercise, you may find out something you did not know about the place you live in.
- Trivia night at a bar – Put your heads together or compete against each other.
- Tour a local brewery/factory – If you live near any large food companies, such as Hershey’s or Kellogg’s, tours are offered on a schedule. If not, just hit up your local brewery!
- Race together – Up for interpretation. Whether you want to sign up for a local 5k, pick a spot on the map and see who gets there faster, drive go-karts, or bike around town, this cheap idea will bound to get your heart pumping.
- Volunteer together – Dedicate your time giving back to others. Not only is it free, you will be helping out your neighborhood!
Those are just 25 out of many many date ideas that do not have to empty your pockets. Whether you are both college students, newlyweds, or celebrating your 10th anniversary, just remember to have fun!