Muffins are the perfect anytime food. Whether it’s early in the morning or you’d like a mid-afternoon snack, it’s a great option! Coming in a variety of flavors, there is bound to be a muffin that you like. However, when it comes to a majority of recipes, how many eggs in muffin are used?
When it comes to a healthy diet, it’s important to know how much dairy you are consuming. Especially when it comes to baking! Keeping track of the dairy products that you use while baking can be hard, but we are here to help you out!
After doing a little bit of digging and comparing, I have come up with an answer for you! Whether you like a warm chocolate chip muffin or a buttery banana nut, it seems as though most use 2 eggs in muffin recipes!
Below is a list of three recipes of the most popular muffin flavors! As I mentioned previously, most recipes use 2 eggs in muffin and that’s exactly what each of these recipes does!
1) Chocolate Chip Muffins
One of my favorites, if not my favorite type of muffin is chocolate chip! I mean seriously, who can resist the warm chocolatey goodness of them? I know I can’t! This particular recipe calls for mini chocolate chips and of course the 2 eggs in muffin!
You will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, plus about 3 tablespoons more for sprinkling on top
- About 1-1/2 tablespoons coarse sugar, such as turbinado or sanding sugar, for sprinkling on top
The preparation is simple! It only takes about 35 minutes (including baking time) to make 12 muffins! Feel free to double the recipe if you’d like to make 24!
The instructions are as followed:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs, followed by the sour cream. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until evenly combined. Stir in 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling the muffin cups about three-quarters full. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining chocolate chips, followed by the coarse sugar. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until domed and golden brown. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. The muffins are best enjoyed fresh on the same day, but leftovers will keep well in a covered container for a few days.
2) Blueberry Muffins
This next recipe comes to us courtesy of the Food Network Kitchen! Pro tip: one of my favorite things to do is toast a blueberry muffin in the oven for a couple of minutes and top with butter! It’s truly to die for!
The ingredients you will need are:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus more for preparing the muffin tin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for the top of the muffins
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
The prep level is easy! It takes only 20 minutes of prep time and 25 minutes of cooking time taking only 45 minutes of your time to create!
Here are your directions:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush a 12-muffin tin with butter and set aside. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric hand-held mixer in a large bowl, cream the butter, zest, and 2/3 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour in 3 parts into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk in 2 parts, until just combined. Fold in the blueberries. Take care not to over mix the batter. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool muffins in the pan on a rack. Serve warm.
3) Banana Nut Muffins
Last certainly does not mean least, especially when it comes to this list! This delicious banana nut muffin recipe uses brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped walnuts to create a delicious texture and an even better taste!
For the muffins, your ingredients are:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed make sure it is fresh and soft
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas about 3-4 bananas
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or swap for macadamia nuts, pecans or hazelnuts
For the topping, your ingredients are:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
And the directions are as followed:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar until well combined, about 1 full minute. Add eggs, mashed banana, and vanilla, whisking until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a rubber spatula to lightly stir the batter until almost combined. Add 1/2 cup walnuts and stir until no streaks of flour remain. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Grease 15 standard-sized muffin cups and divide the batter evenly among the cups. Sprinkle the top of each cup with brown sugar and chopped walnuts (topping). Bake for 14-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
There you have it! When it comes to baking muffins, it seems as though most use 2 eggs in muffin! Let us know if you decided to whip up any of these recipes for yourself!