Time To Try Homemade
Grey Poupon, a company embedded in the Kraft Heinz franchise, makes the absolute best mustard. That being said, are you sick of buying the tiny Grey Poupon mustard jars and running out after a week of making sandwiches? It is time to try this recipe and make your own. This mustard recipe is delicious and tangy, and it tastes exactly like Grey Poupon. You can use it for marinades, dressings, or simply as a spread. The options are endless. I am going to tell you the few ingredients needed and simple steps to perfection. It is more economical and now you can make as much as you want and never run out!
This recipe only takes around 15 minutes and will yield 2 cups. Feel free to double or triple the recipe for more.
What You Will Need
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mustard powder (4 oz)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
The good news is that these are all fairly common ingredients you may already have in your kitchen. The only specific one you may have to go out and buy is the mustard powder, but you can easily find that at any local market.
Interested in more recipes? read 9 Vegan Recipes For The Busy Individual
The Grey Poupon Process
- In a non-stick saucepan combine the wine, onion and garlic; heat to boiling, simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool, and discard solids.
- Add the dry mustard to the cooked liquid, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Blend in honey, oil and salt; heat slowly until thickened (keep nose away; fumes are strong!), stirring constantly.
- Pour into a glass jar; cool, let sit on counter at room temperature overnight.
- Refrigerate for 2-8 weeks to age flavor before using.
The aging is a crucial step in the process so be mindful of how long you need to wait before cracking open your fresh mustard. For more about this recipe, as well as reviews, see Delicious Homemade Dijon Mustard.
Make Your Avocado Toast Gourmet with 4 Different Recipes
Simple Cheddar Cheese Puffs Recipe for Movie Night
What I Learned By Going to Coffee Shops Every Day for The Past Year
7 Reasons Why We All Need More Mediterranean Food In Our Diets
Share the Food, I Mean, the Love
Master the Art of Perfectly Cooked Rice With an Aroma Rice Cooker
Leave a Reply