Some occasions, like intimate dinner dates, require people to bring out their best side and impress their partners. Cooking is truly the way to a food lover’s heart, and nailing a filet mignon dish will hit the ball out of the part. So the question arises; how to cook filet mignon? In this article, the reader will learn how to cook filet mignon fit for the most exquisite dining experience with a delicious Bearnaise sauce.
How long does it take to prepare and cook the best filet mignon dish?
If the cook does not make any mistakes with the ingredients, the dish will take only 55 minutes to make from start to finish. Twenty-five minutes for prepping the meat and the other ingredients, five inactive minutes, and another twenty-five minutes to cook it to perfection. That means this absolute banger of a dish will be ready to eat under one hour.
How many people can this filet mignon recipe serve?
This easy filet mignon recipe can serve two people. It is the perfect meal for a special dinner or lunch date. To learn how to cook filet mignon, a person should fully embrace the worth of the tender cut. Learning how to cook filet mignon will be the perfect way to enjoy this tender cut to the fullest.
What are the ingredients needed to nail this recipe?
There are two parts of this dish; the scrumptious filet mignon and the delicious Bearnaise Sauce. Here are the ingredients needed to prepare and cook the filet mignon:
- 2 pieces of 6 ounces filet mignon steaks cut from beef tenderloin. Make sure to get the fat trimmed before preparing
- 1 small Vidalia onion chopped into fine pieces
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped rosemary. Preferably fresh rosemary
- 1 cup of Portobello mushrooms diced into small pieces
- ¼ cup of dry white wine
- 1 and a ½ tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bearnaise Sauce
Bearnaise sauce, made from scratch, will take the filet mignon to another level. Given below are the ingredients a person will need to make the sauce:
- 1 and a ½ tablespoon of dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon of fresh tarragon chopped into fine pieces
- ½ tablespoon of champagne vinegar
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- ½ a shallot, mince it into small pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ a cup of butter at room temperature (that will be 1 stick of butter)
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (readers can skip this ingredient or change the amount according to preference)
How to cook filet mignon to perfection?
By following the steps given below, anyone can learn how to cook filet mignon that will impress anyone at any special occasion:
- Let the steaks rest on a counter and reach room temperature before going ahead with preparing it.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high setting before putting anything on it. That will be around 375 degrees to 449 degrees. The best temperature to be exact is 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss in the onions and rosemary. Cook them for around two minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for four to five minutes. By this time, the mushrooms will be soft, and most of the juices will have evaporated.
- Add in the wine and let it simmer for two minutes until most of the liquid has gone.
- Season the food with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut a deep pocket into both the pieces of meat and season them with salt and pepper.
- Stuff 1 ½ tablespoons of the mushroom dish made earlier into the pockets of both the steaks.
- Close the pockets of the steak with toothpicks and brush the meat with olive oil
- Put the steaks into a grilling basket to avoid dropping of the stuffing and place the basket onto the grill.
- Close the grill and cook for a duration up to the level of “doneness” a person will prefer. For medium-rare steaks, grilling for around 5 to 6 minutes on both sides will be enough.
- Let the steak rest for five minutes and serve with the Bearnaise sauce and remaining stuffing.
Instructions for the Bearnaise sauce:
- Mix the wine, vinegar, minced garlic, shallots, half the tarragon, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat until half of the liquid has evaporated.
- Whisk this mixture and add in the butter gradually.
- Make your to temper the eggs so that it does not turn into a scrambled mess.
- Add the lemon juice and salt to taste.
Leave a Reply